Features

This forum is retired, please use our new UserVoice support portal.

•  
HomeHomeRoyal TS (for W...Royal TS (for W...Beta DiscussionBeta DiscussionTheme settings in RTS2Theme settings in RTS2
Previous

Next
New Post
1/17/2012 4:01 PM

Is there any way to make RoyalTS 2 (I'm using build 20111) to follow the Windows colour scheme? I'm using a custom high contrast theme (light text on dark background), but RTS2 ignores that, and appears in a very light-coloured theme.

New Post
1/17/2012 4:55 PM

Hi,

the theming and skinning in Royal TS is independent from the OS settings. The only thing which follows the OS settings is the default font but color and design can be changed in the view ribbon tab. I'm sure you'll find something appropriate which comes close to your OS setting.

Regards,
Stefan

Stay in touch:

New Post
1/18/2012 11:31 AM

I completely missed that, but even then, the only theme that isn't too bright for me is DevExpress Dark Style. Unfortunately, this theme makes certain text input boxes unusable - white text on white background (eg. Computer Name and Display Name in New Remote Desktop Connection).

New Post
1/18/2012 12:47 PM

Sorry about that. This is a bug on our side and will be fixed ASAP!

Those textboxes are usually rendered with a red background to indicate that it's a required field but it seems that in this theme they are rendered white. I will look into that...

cheers,
Stefan

Stay in touch:

New Post
1/18/2012 1:36 PM

Some other themes have similar problems: Sharp Plus, Darkroom, High Contrast.

New Post
1/19/2012 2:41 PM

We've set the appearance of the required field textboxes to the default setting and chose to render the item caption bold instead. This makes more sense and looks much better with different themes as having a color in the control.

Next release will have this fixed.

cheers,
Stefan

Stay in touch:

New Post
1/19/2012 5:42 PM

Thanks. One more thing: is it possible to make the selected item in the DevExpress Dark Style slightly more contrast - it's the only theme that's consistently dark, but the selected item (in treeviews and lists) is barely distinguishable from other items.

New Post
1/19/2012 6:05 PM

I agree. In general I wouldn't mind if all the skins add more contrast to better distinguish selected items. I've researched the possibility to adjust the colors but according to DevExpress you can only accomplish that by creating a new skin. A bit of an overkill...

Stay in touch:

New Post
1/29/2012 7:18 PM

That's too bad. I've looked at DevExpress, and at that price, they could've included support for Windows' high-contrast mode (not just offer a single theme that mimics one of the predefined high-contrast colour schemes).

BTW, I noticed today that the text in connection dialog is cut off:

New Post
1/29/2012 7:33 PM

I agree, DevExpress is a bit pricey and I guess they could have included more themes leaned on the windows "standard" themes. I have contacted DevExpress and asked them to either provide a way to override those color values for selected/focused items to generate higher contrast or to provide additional high contrast themes.

Thanks for the screenshot. I will look into that. One question, are you using large fonts (high DPI)?

Regards,
Stefan

Stay in touch:

New Post
1/29/2012 7:34 PM

Yes, I'm using 120DPI fonts.

New Post
1/29/2012 7:35 PM

Thanks, I will look into it.

Stay in touch:

Previous

Next
HomeHomeRoyal TS (for W...Royal TS (for W...Beta DiscussionBeta DiscussionTheme settings in RTS2Theme settings in RTS2